Welcome to Wok Wednesdays!
Wok Wednesdays is a group of wok enthusiasts who are cooking their way through Grace Young’s cookbook Stir-Frying to the Sky’s Edge, winner of the James Beard Best International Cookbook Award.. Anyone is welcome to join; we post recipes twice a month.
The group was started by Matt Lardie, author of Green Eats Blog.
Questions? Comments? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Wok Wednesdays” in the subject line.
Wok Wednesdays Jargon
Confused by the shorthand? Here’s a breakdown:
- Wokkers – Those of us cooking our way through Stir Frying to the Sky’s Edge.
- LYL – Leave Your Link: these are the posts where participants leave a link to their blogpost featuring that week’s recipe.
- Q&C – Questions & Comments: these are posts where participants can leave questions or give advice prior to a recipe’s due date.
- Debrief: these are posts after the recipe due date where participants can reflect on the recipe, comment on other folks’ experiences, etc.
- SFTTSE – Stir-Frying to the Sky’s Edge, the book we’ll be cooking from!
Matt Lardie is the voice behind Green Eats Blog, a Durham, NC-based blog focused on cooking, sustainable agriculture, and food policy. He also organizes and hosts events for the local food community, serves as the online editor/webmaster for the Culinary Historians of Piedmont, NC, and works full-time as the manager for Hillsborough Cheese Company. When he’s not thinking about, talking about, making, or eating food he spends time with his husband reading, hiking, traveling, and…eating.