Welcome to Wok Wednesdays!
Wok Wednesdays is a group of wok enthusiasts who are cooking their way through Grace Young’s cookbook Stir-Frying to the Sky’s Edge, winner of the James Beard Best International Cookbook Award. Anyone is welcome to join; we try new recipes twice a month.
The group was started by Matt Lardie, author of Eat, Write Go.
Questions? Comments? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Wok Wednesdays” in the subject line.
Wok Wednesdays Jargon
Confused by the shorthand? Here’s a breakdown:
- Wokkers – Those of us cooking our way through Stir Frying to the Sky’s Edge.
- LYL – Leave Your Link: these are the posts where participants leave a link to their blogpost featuring that week’s recipe.
- Q&C – Questions & Comments: these are posts where participants can leave questions or give advice prior to a recipe’s due date.
- Debrief: these are posts after the recipe due date where participants can reflect on the recipe, comment on other folks’ experiences, etc.
- SFTTSE – Stir-Frying to the Sky’s Edge, the book we’ll be cooking from!
Matt Lardie is the voice behind Eat, Write, Go, a Durham, NC-based blog focused on cooking, food events, and culinary travel in the Southeast and beyond. He also organizes and hosts events for the local food community, consults with startup food businesses, and works full-time as the operations manager and event planner for a local catering company and restaurant group. When he’s not thinking about, talking about, making, or eating food he spends time with his husband reading, hiking, traveling, and…eating.