Summer is just flying by, and we thought we’d give everyone a bit of a “summer vacation” when it came to the recipe schedule this month.
This August we’ve got only one recipe – Shrimp Dumplings Spring Moon on page 206. The recipe calls for making your own dumpling dough (instructions also on page 206), so you can consider both of them our August assignments. Making dumplings is one of my favorite kitchen tasks, and it’s great to do with a crowd, so this might be a fun recipe for a dinner party!
If you don’t feel like taking a break you can revisit some of these great summer stir-fries, perfect for taking advantage of the abundance of summer produce and giving you less time in front of the hot stove on those sweltering August days:
- Liang Nian Xiu’s Moon Hill Corn and Beans, p. 132
- Florence Lin’s Slow Stir-Fried Red Peppers, p. 143
- Susanna Foo’s Mango Chicken, p. 78
- Spicy Garlic Eggplant, p. 144
- Helen Chen’s Pork and Cucumber, p. 83
As always, post your photos on our Facebook page!